Sweet Jalapeno Mozzarella Cornbread Muffins
|Jalapeno||1 , deseeded, minced|
|Cornmeal||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (yellow or white)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (or any kind of cheese you like)|
|Milk||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Chipotle chili powder||3 Dash (2-3)|
|Non stick cooking spray||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. Grease muffin cups with non stick spray, and place them on cookie sheet.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add jalapeno, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
4. Drop sugar, and cheese. Mix to incorporate.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, and add milk in it. Give it a good whisk.
6. Pour egg mixture into the large mixing bowl, half at a time, and stir after each addition.
7. Add chipotle chili powder, and mix well.
8. Fill the prepared muffin cups with batter, about ¾ of the way up.
9. Pop muffin cups on the center rack of oven, and bake for 8-10 minutes or until when toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
10. Serve sweet jalapeno mozzarella cornbread muffin warm.
If you don’t like the grainy texture of cornmeal, pour egg mixture into the bowl, mix and let the batter rest for 20 minutes before you bake.
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95 mg31.7%
Sodium 750.9 mg31.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet