These delicious treats are easy to make and loved by the whole family.
Whole wheat pizza dough
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On a flat surface roll pizza dough to a rectangle and cut into square.
3. Place each square on greased mini muffin cup.
4. Brush edges of pizza dough squares with olive oil.
5. Pop these cups into oven and bake for 8 minutes, once baked, take tins out of oven.
6. Pour sauce in each cup and spoon in cheese between the cups.
7. Place it in the oven for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve it with pasta or any dip of your choice.
A few Sundays ago when we were making some delicious thin crusted creations, Chloe was on the kitchen floor playing with one of the muffin tins and it gave me a genius idea: Pizza Muffins! Why, you may ask? Why not! Pizza is crunchy, cheesy, delicious, totally kid-friendly and when it's cooked in the shape of a muffin, it just adds a cool twist to the same old slice that you're used to. When I told my husband about my inspiration for this recipe, the first thing he said was, "thank goodness Chloe wasn't playing with a jello mold when you thought this one up".