I love eggs and wanted to demonstrate how perfect they are any time of day, so I came up with a bunch of recipes that go beyond breakfast and are not only affordable, but also high in protein and easy to prepare. Today's recipe is part of our week long Eggs Beyond Breakfast* series.
Puff pastry sheets
35 Ounce (2 sheets frozen)
100 Gram, roughly chopped (thick-cut)
4 Tablespoon, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Unfold the puff pastry sheet and cut sheet in 6 equal pieces. Gently stretch each piece into a 5x5 inch square.
3. Place each piece of pastry in a greased muffin cup leaving a 1/2 overhang at the top.
4. Sprinkle one teaspoon of the parmesan in the pastry lined cups, crack an egg into each cup, top with bacon, 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt.
5. Whisk together the remaining egg and water and lightly brush pastry edges with egg wash.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and immediately move to a wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.