1. With fork, pierce sweet potatoes in several places. Pop it in microwave on high, and roast for about 12 minutes or until tender. Turn once while cooking.
2. Remove skin, cut open and let it cool.
3. Mash roasted potatoes, and place it in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
5. Throw buttermilk, egg, cilantro, and jalapeno in bowl with mashed potato.
6. In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
7. Throw butter and mix until it forms a coarse meal.
8. Drop dry ingredients into the bowl with potato mixture. Stir to combine.
9. Grease non stick muffin pan with cooking spray, and put batter in it, about 1/3rd way up.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven, and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
12. Serve it hot with turkey chilli con carne.