1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add rhubarb, and poppy seeds. Mix.
4. Drop yogurt and cream. Mix to evenly distribute. Set it aside.
5. In another bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and egg. With hand mixer mix until creamy.
6. With a spatula, pour egg mixture into the bowl with rhubarb. Stir to combine. Do not over mix. Set it aside.
7. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
8. Drop dry ingredients directly into the mixing bowl with rhubarb mixture. Fold and combine.
9. For muffin topping, in a small bowl, add sugar, butter and lemon zest. Mix well.
10. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full with rhubarb mixture.
11. Spoon topping mixture on it.
12. Pop it in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
14. Serve muffins topped with whipped cream and ice cream.
You can use heavy cream, half and half or any cream you have in your fridge.
Add little bit more cream if your batter is too dry.
Baking time depends on the size of the muffins.