Banana Blueberry Muffins
|Ripe banana||2 , mashed|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gluten free bisquick||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for muffins mixture and 1/2 tsp. for decoration)|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (TO SPRINKLE ON TOP)|
|Coarse decorating sugar||2 Tablespoon (TO SPRINKLE ON TOP - optional) (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
3. Stir together the cinnamon and sugar that will be used to sprinkle on top.
4. In a large bowl stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined then set it aside.
5. In another bowl stir together the Bisquick, brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula stir the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
7. Stir in the fresh blueberries.
8. Evenly divide the batter among the 12 paper liners.
9. Spray cooking spray over the muffins.
10. Sprinkle each muffin with the cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a baking rack.
12. Serve muffins with milk, tea or coffee.
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.6 mg30.5%
Sodium 536.9 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 60.3 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet