These gluten free Banana Blueberry Muffins are a healthy and easy breakfast recipe. The batter is basic banana bread but with the addition of fresh blueberries. And with an extra boost of antioxidants, you won't feel guilty when you indulge in these.
2 , mashed
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Gluten free bisquick
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (firmly packed)
3⁄4 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for muffins mixture and 1/2 tsp. for decoration)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (TO SPRINKLE ON TOP)
Coarse decorating sugar
2 Tablespoon (TO SPRINKLE ON TOP - optional) (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
3. Stir together the cinnamon and sugar that will be used to sprinkle on top.
4. In a large bowl stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined then set it aside.
5. In another bowl stir together the Bisquick, brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula stir the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
7. Stir in the fresh blueberries.
8. Evenly divide the batter among the 12 paper liners.
9. Spray cooking spray over the muffins.
10. Sprinkle each muffin with the cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a baking rack.
12. Serve muffins with milk, tea or coffee.