Simple Sundays | Chocolate Banana Muffins
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Copped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (optional)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk/1 cup milk w/ juice of 1 lemon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bananas||5 Medium (5-6 VERY ripe bananas)|
|Chocolate chips||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (divided)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift or whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add pecans if using, then set aside. In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter. Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas.
3. Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. If using a microwave, melt the chocolate in 20 second bursts, stirring between.
4. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, to egg mixture, alternating until incorporated. Try to end with the dry ingredient addition, and be sure not to over mix. Slowly stir in melted chocolate. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full, then top with remaining chocolate chips.
5. Bake muffins for about 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.