High Fiber Date Muffins
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ/Unprocessed bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All bran cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple filling/Other fruit filling||1 Can (10 oz) (Or 1 Jar)|
|Date filling||1 Can (10 oz) (Or 1 Jar)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 375° F. and then grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set it aside.
2. Stir flours, wheat germ, all-bran cereal, baking powder, and salt in medium- size bowl until blended and set aside.
3. Beat oil, brown sugar, egg, and date filling in medium-size bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
4. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add date mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling cups about two-thirds full.
6. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
8. Remove from pan and serve warm or cool completely and pack.