Easy to Make Dessert - Coffee Muffins with a Surprise
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnut spread||12 Teaspoon (1 tsp per muffin)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line up muffin tray with silicone or paper cups.
3. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. In a separate bowl or jar, lightly beat eggs, add milk, coffee, vanilla extract and melted butter and mix together. The wet mixture is ready.
5. Next, pour in the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Fold in to incorporate well. (Be careful not to over mix)
6. Fill every cup in the muffin tray with the batter to half of its volume.
7. Add teaspoon of hazelnuts spread at the center and then add the remaining of batter to fill each cup.
8. Place the muffin tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into edge of the muffins comes out clean. (Do not insert the toothpick in the center of the muffin as the hazelnut spread would stick to it)
9. Serve as a dessert or as a snack.
2. Silicone or paper cups
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.3 mg12.4%
Sodium 99 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.1% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet