Learn step by step how to make a gruyere and grape tomato muffin. Savory muffins are a great side dish for salads and soups.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Pound, dice
15 Small, cut
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the dry ingredients: In a bowl, sift the white flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. For the wet ingredients: In another bowl, add the melted butter, egg, sour cream and whole milk and whisk together to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and combine well.
5. Next, add the cut grape tomatoes and diced Gruyere cheese into the batter and mix.
6. Grease the muffin pan with some butter.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a portion of the batter into the buttered muffin molds.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of each muffin mold.
9. Pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
10. Serve the muffin with a carrot and potato soup or as a side to any soup or salad.