Energizing Egg Mini Muffins
|Sweet potato||1 , diced into small pieces|
|Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon strips||6 , cooked and crumbled|
1) Preheat oven to 400°.
2) Toss the diced sweet potatoes with the coconut oil, spread evenly in a baking dish and bake at 400° for 30–45 minutes or until soft.
3) Set the oven to 350°.
4) In a medium-sized bowl whisk the eggs and season with black pepper.
Kid Job: Help to crack and whisk the eggs!
5) Generously grease the mini muffin tin with grass-fed butter or ghee.
Kid Job:Let your kids get messy and use their little hands to grease the muffin tins.
6) Fill each mini muffin tin half full with the whisked egg.
Kid Job:Older kids can help you pour the eggs inthe muffin tins.
7) Drop 2-3 pieces of roasted sweet potatoes into each muffin tin that's filled with the egg.
Kid Job:Have your child drop in the sweet potato pieces.
8) Top each egg muffin with a little bit of the crumbled bacon.
Kid Job:Kids can crumble and top the muffins!
9) Bake the egg muffins for 12-15 minutes or until set all the way through.
10) Optional:add in diced chives to the egg muffin before baking.
Makes 20 mini or 12 regular-sized muffins.
This recipe was contributed by Sarah Fragoso, author of Paleo Pals.
To purchase the book visit Amazon.com
To learn more about Sarah and her book visit everydaypaleo.
Follow Sarah on Twitter: everydaypaleo.
Connect with Sarah on Facebook: everydaypaleo.