Apple and Pineapple Muffins
|Pastry flour/All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||5 (at room temperature)|
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed and drained if canned|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Tart apple||1 , cored, peeled and diced|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350°F, and also grease and flour 12 (4-ounce) glass custard cups
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour along with sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Take an electric mixer, set it at medium speed, and whip the egg whites until frothy
4. Increase the speed of the mixer to high and whip until soft peaks form over the mixture.
5 In another mixing bowl, combine the last 5 ingredeints
6. Lay the egg whites, and fold in the mixture, and sort a third of the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and fold together with a few strokes, also add the rest of the dry ingredients, about a third at a time, folding into the batter with a few swift strokes to combine
7. In the cups, spoon the batter, filling each cup about two-thirds full and now place the cups on a baking sheet
8. Finally bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown in color and the mixture has risen.
9. Take out the muffins from the oven and cool it, then remove from the cups onto wire racks to cool completely
10. Serve at room temperature with tea or coffee