|Butter||10 Tablespoon, softened|
|Ripe blueberries||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Use Firm Ones)|
|Unsifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Inside 20 muffin cups (about 2 1/2 inches across at the top) spread 2 tablespoons of the softened butter evenly with a pastry brush.
3. In a sieve or colander set under cold running water wash the blueberries, discard the stems and any blemished berries.
4. On paper towels spread the berries and pat them completely dry with more paper towels.
5. In a small bowl place 1/2 cup of the berries and mash them to a smooth puree with the back of a fork.
6. Drop the rest of the berries into another bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the flour, toss gently about with a spoon to coat the berries evenly and set aside.
7. Sift together combining the remaining flour, the baking powder and salt and onto a sheet of wax paper.
8. In a deep bowl, cream the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter with the sugar, beating and mashing them against the sides of the bowl with the back of a large spoon until the mixture is light and fluffy.
9. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, add about 1 cup of the flour mixture and when it is well incorporated, beat in 1/4 cup of the milk.
10. Repeat, beating in the remaining flour mixture and then the rest of the milk, and continue to mix until the batter is smooth.
11. Beat well adding the pureed berries, then add the reserved whole berries and gently fold them into the batter with a rubber spatula.
12. Into the buttered muffin cups spoon the batter, filling each cup about 3/4 full and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
13. Test for doneness by inserting a cake tester or toothpick in the center of a muffin and checking if comes out clean.
14. Turn the muffins out of the tins and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3158 Calories from Fat 1243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g217.5%
Saturated Fat 83.2 g416%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 756.8 mg252.3%
Sodium 1976.6 mg82.4%
Total Carbohydrates 451 g150.5%
Dietary Fiber 40.6 g162.5%
Sugars 244.5 g
Protein 56 g111.7%
Vitamin A 91.5% Vitamin C 59.8%
Calcium 106.6% Iron 78.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet