Fresh Apple Muffins
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled, chopped & divided|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take 12 muffin pans and grease them.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in it.
2) Make a well in the center and stir in 1 cup apples.
3) Take a mixing bowl and combine together oil, milk and egg in it. Mix well.
4) Stir in the mixture into the dry ingredients until mixture turns just moist.
5) Spoon the prepared batter to two-third capacity in greased muffin pans.
6) Take a small bowl and mix together 1/2 cup apple, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in it. Sprinkle the mixture over muffin batter. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
7) Serve warm muffins at breakfast with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.