|Soft tofu||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ripe bananas/Frozen bananas||3 Large|
|Sweetener||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Honey, Fruit Concentrate, Or Maple Syrup)|
|Sour milk/Soy milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed fruits/Poppy seeds||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut up (Cranberries, Blueberries, Pears, Peaches, Apples, Raisins, Date Pieces)|
1) The oven is preheated to 375 degrees C.
2) Muffin tins are greased and kept aside.
3) The first 6 ingredients (tofu, ripe bananas, eggs, sweetener, vanilla and soy milk) are blended in the food processor. (ensure the tofu and bananas are completely mashed).
4) The dry ingredients are mixed in a large bowl.
5) The wet ingredient mixture (the tofu mixture) are mixed with the dry ingredient mixture, till they moisten.
6) Poppy or fruit seeds are added and mixed with the help of a rubber spatula.
7) The batter is spooned into the greased muffin tins (use 1/3 cup measure for each muffin). There will be 12 in all.
8) The muffins are baked in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
9) They are taken out when light golden brown.
10) The muffins are cooled for about 10 minutes
leaving them in the tins, on the racks and then served.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2597 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 3825.3 mg159.4%
Total Carbohydrates 476 g158.6%
Dietary Fiber 78.5 g314%
Sugars 112.3 g
Protein 96 g191.6%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 188.1%
Calcium 229.8% Iron 122.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet