|Coarse cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour/Spelt flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet milk/Sour / soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice syrup/Honey / fruit concentrate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees C.
2) Muffin tins are greased and kept aside.
3) All the ingredients are blended together using the blade of a food processor. (the processor is turned on and off several times, till the batter becomes smooth).
4) Scrape the sides of the work bowl, if required, during the process of making the batter.
5) The batter is refrigerated for many hours.
6) Just before the batter is readied for baking, it is diluted with milk, fruit juice or water, to make it thin. (the consistency should be like heavy cream or pea soup).
7) The muffin tins are filled with the batter (2/3 full).
8) They are baked for about 15-20 minutes, till they turn light golden brown and become soft and are sponge like to touch.
9) The muffins are taken out and cooled for about 10 minutes.
(these muffins are best eaten within 1-2 days).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5582 Calories from Fat 1296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g230.8%
Saturated Fat 49.6 g248.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1265.4 mg421.8%
Sodium 5956 mg248.2%
Total Carbohydrates 932 g310.5%
Dietary Fiber 45.6 g182.5%
Sugars 466.2 g
Protein 163 g325.1%
Vitamin A 59.8% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 438.3% Iron 193.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet