Breakfast Raisin Muffins
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a pan boil water, add raisins and boil again.
3. Decrease heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Drain out the raisins and reserve the liquid.
5. Add water to measure 1/2 cup.
6. Dissolve soda in liquid.
7. In a bowl mix 4 ingredients and add raisins.
8. Create a well at the center of the mixture.
9. In a separate bowl mix oil, egg, and soda mixture.
10. Add it to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
11. Grease muffin pans.
12. Spoon the batter into it filling unto two-thirds.
13. Serve for breakfast.