Cranberry Walnut Muffins
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Honey/Fruit concentrate||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour milk/Sweet / soy milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) The oven is preheated to 375 degrees C.
2) The muffin tins are greased and kept aside.
3) All ingredients, except cranberries and walnuts, are blended in the food processor.
4) The processor is turned on and off a couple of times and scraping the batter from the sides of the work bowl with the help of a rubber spatula.
5) Coarsely chopped cranberries and walnuts are added to the batter and blended in the food processor itself, with a couple of turns.
6) The batter is filled into the greased muffin tins (about 2/3 full each).
7) They are baked for about 30 minutes, till they turn light golden brown and spongy to feel.
8) The muffin tins are taken out and allowed to cool for about 10 minutes.
9) The muffins are best served at room temperature. (they can be stored in airtight containers and frozen).
10) The frozen muffins can be thawed and warmed in the oven for about 5 minutes and then consumed, when required.