Sunflower Spice Apple Muffins
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried apple pieces||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil/Safflower oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey/Fruit concentrate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) The oven is preheated to 375 degrees C.
2) Muffin tins are greased and kept aside.
3) All the dry ingredients are mixed in a large bowl.
4) All the wet ingredients are mixed separately in a different bowl.
5) Both, wet and dry mixtures are combined so that the batter moistens. (the batter should not be over mixed, else the muffins will be very tough).
6) The greased muffin tins are filled with the batter (2/3 full).
7) They are baked for about 15 - 20 minutes, till they are light golden brown.
8) The muffins are removed from the oven and allowed to cool.
(They can be kept up to a week in the refrigerator and they can also be frozen).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3846 Calories from Fat 1584
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g277.2%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 1088.4 mg362.8%
Sodium 2394.6 mg99.8%
Total Carbohydrates 518 g172.7%
Dietary Fiber 47.5 g190%
Sugars 354.8 g
Protein 79 g158.6%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 143.4% Iron 114.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet