Banana Oat Muffins
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Pillsbury Best)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Medium Ones)|
|Nonfat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take 12 muffin cups and spray the bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Gently spoon flour in a measuring cup and level off.
4) Take a large bowl and combine together oats, flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup sugar, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in it. Mix nicely.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together buttermilk, bananas, egg and oil. Mix together using a fork or wire whisk.
6) Add all the dry ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are a little moistened.
7) Pour prepared batter up to 3/4 capacity in muffin cups.
8) Take a small bowl and mix all topping ingredients in it. Sprinkle over each muffin and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Cool the muffins in pan for about 1 minute. Remove from pan and serve immediately.