Cranberry Orange Muffins
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take 24 large size muffin cups and grease them after placing paper liners.
2) Preheat oven to 400° F.
3) Take a sheet of wax paper and sift together baking powder, flour, salt nutmeg and cinnamon.
4) In a large bowl, beat together shortening and sugar with an electric mixer at high speed for about 3 minutes or until the mixture turns light.
5) Add eggs, one after another, and beat upon each addition.
6) Reduce the mixer speed and stir in the dry ingredients. Also, add the orange rind.
7) Gently stir in milk and mix until well blended. Fold in pecans and cranberries.
8) Pour batter in the prepared cups evenly and bake for 18-20 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown in color.
9) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4951 Calories from Fat 1991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 227 g349.5%
Saturated Fat 53.7 g268.4%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 868.5 mg289.5%
Sodium 3510.2 mg146.3%
Total Carbohydrates 665 g221.8%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.3%
Sugars 321.8 g
Protein 82 g163.4%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 59.9%
Calcium 166.2% Iron 151.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet