Blueberry Spice Muffins
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed & drained|
1) Take 24 large size muffin cups and grease them after placing paper liners.
2) Preheat oven to 400° F.
3) Take a sheet of wax paper and sift together baking powder, flour, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
4) In a large bowl, beat together shortening and sugar using an electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes or until light.
5) Add eggs one by one and beat upon each addition.
6) Reduce the mixer speed and gently stir in all the dry ingredients.
7) Add milk and mix nicely. Fold in blueberries and mix.
8) Pour batter in each of the prepared muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown in color.
9) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.