Christmas Date Muffins
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift together the baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3) Beat the egg, sugar and yogurt together till the ingredients are well blended and then add the flour mixture along with the nuts and dates.
4) Stir till the flour is dampened.
5) With the batter, fill 12 greased muffin cups about 2/3rd full.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
7) Transfer the muffins to a decorative serving plate and serve while still warm. Can be topped with some whipped cream if preferred.