Fiber Rich Muffins
|Rye bran crisp bread||2 3⁄4 Ounce (Use 1 Inner-Pack Or 1/2 Package, Kavli Brand)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Break crisp-bread into chunks and process in a food processor or electric blender until finely crushed.
2) Pour milk into a mixing bowl and bring to a boil. Pour over bread crumbs and stir to mix. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3) Stir applesauce and lightly beaten egg into the crumb mixture. Break up larger lumps, if present. Add sugar, molasses, oil, spices and salt.
4) On a piece of waxed paper, mix baking powder and flour. Pour into mixing bowl and stir until a thick batter is formed.
5) Fill greased muffin pans half-full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans and cool slightly.
6) Serve slightly warm along with a dollop of fresh cream.