Bacon Cheese Muffins
|Quick cooking oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Shredded jarlsberg cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumbled bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a medium bowl and combine oatmeal with milk. Let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Stir eggs and oil into the mixture.
2. In another large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Also add bacon and cheese. Combine the dry ingredients with the mixture of the medium sized bowl and form a lumpy batter.
3) Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups, filling each to 2/3 its capacity.
3. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F or until golden brown.
4) Serve warm with some extra cheese.