Bacon Cheese Muffins
|Quick cooking oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Shredded jarlsberg cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumbled bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a medium bowl and combine oatmeal with milk. Let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Stir eggs and oil into the mixture.
2. In another large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Also add bacon and cheese. Combine the dry ingredients with the mixture of the medium sized bowl and form a lumpy batter.
3) Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups, filling each to 2/3 its capacity.
3. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F or until golden brown.
4) Serve warm with some extra cheese.
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 53.7 mg17.9%
Sodium 446 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.3% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet