Heathy Whole Wheat Muffins
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and soda. Mix well.
3) In the center of the flour mixture, make a well.
4) Combine together the molasses, milk, margarine and egg. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well the dry ingredients are moistened.
5) Into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, spoon the batter, filling the pans about 2/3rd full.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or till lightly browned.
7) Unmold the muffins and serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1701 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.5%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.1 mg72%
Sodium 1991.3 mg83%
Total Carbohydrates 268 g89.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77%
Sugars 59.8 g
Protein 45 g90.4%
Vitamin A 44.2% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 129.4% Iron 94.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet