Cafe Au Lait Muffins
|Instant coffee granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||10 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wheat bran cereal flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Regular oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Coat muffin pans with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a medium saucepan combine coffee, milk and water, place over low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thoroughly heated and coffee granules dissolve.
4. Remove from heat, stir in cereal and oats and let stand 1 0 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl beat well combining sugar, oil and egg.
6. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to egg mixture along with cereal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
7. Spoon batter into cooking spray coated filling two-thirds full.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes until golden.
9. Serve Cafe Au Lait Muffins as beverage or teatime snacks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1558 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.6%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg1%
Sodium 1796.3 mg74.8%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.1%
Sugars 65.6 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 135.3%
Calcium 134.4% Iron 187%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet