Easy Brunch Blueberry Muffins
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 stick)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cupcake flour)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the crumb topping|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the almond glaze|
|Butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (or more if needed)|
|Almond extract||1 Drop|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line muffin tray with liners. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add butter, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, put the cake flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix them well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient and fold it in using a spatula just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
6. Add the blueberries and mix them into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the liners in muffin tray to 3/4th of each groove.
8. CRUMBS: In a bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix till they become crumbs like and coarse.
9. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the muffin batter.
10. Place the muffin tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or till the muffins are done.
11. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes to cool.
12. ALMOND GLAZE: In a bowl, add butter, powdered sugar, milk and almond extract.
13. Mix well till all combined and smooth. Add more milk if required.
14. Fill the glaze in a piping bag or resealable plastic bag and pipe it on top of the muffins.
15. In a serving plate, serve this with milk or any other beverage of your choice.
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.9 mg29.6%
Sodium 274.1 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet