|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisin water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) Grease the muffin cups.
2) In a saucepan, put raisins and water.
3) Boil them.
4) Simmer covered 10 minutes until raisins are plump and tender.
5) Remove pan from heat.
6) Remove cover.
7) Let the raisins cool.
8) Cream butter, sugar and egg.
9) Add vanilla.
10) Drain raisins, measuring out 1/2 cup of juice.
11) Stir raisins into batter.
12) In a seperate large bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients.
13) Stir to mix together.
14) Add to batter alternately with raisin water stirring after each addition until barely blended.
15) Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full.
16) Bake at 375°F (190°C) in oven for about 20 minutes.
17) Serve the warm muffins with tea and coffee.