Poppy Seed Muffins
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) Grease the muffin tins.
2) In a small bowl, put milk and poppy seeds.
3) Let stand for 10 minutes or so.
4) In a bowl, beat butter, egg and sugar until creamy.
5) Add vanilla to egg and stir in poppy seed mixture.
6) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
7) Stir to mix thoroughly.
8) Make well in center.
9) Pour wet mixture in well.
10) Stir only to moisten.
11) Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full with muffin batter..
12) Bake at 400°F (200°C) in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
13) Let the muffins stand for 5 minutes then remove from tins.
14) Serve the warm muffins with tea or coffee.