|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Breakfast cereal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Malt-O-Meal)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft shortening/Liquid shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking power and salt.
4. Stir in sugar and Malt-O-Meal.
5. In a cup combine milk, shortening and egg. Blend well.
6. Add liquid to the dry ingredients, stirring quickly and lightly, just until the flour mixture is moistened.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
8. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until spongy to touch and toothpick comes out clean and dry.
9. Remove from oven, turn out of muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
10. Serve the muffins warm.