Sour Cream Applesauce Bran Muffins
|Bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (Darigold)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Darigold)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Canned applesauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper/foil cups.
3. Into a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients and stir well to blend.
4. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes until the brand softens.
5. In the meantime, in a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
6. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry mixture and stir quickly and lightly just until flour mixture is moistened. The batter may be slightly lumpy.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups filling them 2/3 full.
8. Bake muffins in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the crown of a muffin, comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let muffins cool in the pan, over a wire rack.
10. Serve the muffins warm for breakfast or as a snack.