Peanut Butter And Jelly Muffins
|Corn muffin mix||8 Ounce (1 Package Dromedary Brand)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Preserves/Jelly||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper/foil cups.
3. Into a medium bowl, empty the muffin mix package.
4. Add the peanut butter and cut in with a pastry binder or rub in with fingertips until the mixture resembles crumbs.
5. Blend together milk and egg and add to the muffin mix.
6. Stir quickly and lightly just until mixture is moistened. The batter may be slightly lumpy.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups filling them 1/3 full.
8. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the jelly of preserve onto the batter in each muffin cup.
9. Spoon muffin batter on top of jelly, filling muffin cup 2/3 full.
10. Bake muffins in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the crown of a muffin, comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and let muffins cool in the pan, over a wire rack.
12. Serve the muffins warm for breakfast or as a snack. These muffins are a real hit with kids.