Warm Oatmeal Muffins
|Oatmeal||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Elam's Brand, Scotch Style)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cooking oil/Melted vegetable shortening||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Grease 12 (21/2- inch X 11/4-inch) muffin cups or line them with paper/foil cups.
3. Into a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. .
4. In a measuring cup, combine the milk, egg and oil and whisk until well blended.
5. Add the liquid to the to the dry ingredients, stirring quickly and lightly just until the oat mixture is moistened.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
7. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, turn out of pans and cool on wire rack.
9. Serve the muffins warm for breakfast or as a snack.
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.4 mg6.8%
Sodium 236.9 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C
Calcium 35% Iron 67.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet