Apple Bran Muffins
|100% bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Nabisco Brand)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pared and grated|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
3. In a small bowl, soak the bran cereal in milk for 5 minutes.
4. In the mean time, combine dry ingredients in another large bowl.
5. Add the soaked bran and apple to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Add egg and oil to the mixture, stirring quickly and lightly, just until the flour mixture is moistened to make a lumpy batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
8. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until spongy to touch and toothpick comes out clean and dry.
9. Remove from oven, turn out of muffin pan and cool on wire rack.
10. Serve the muffins warm for breakfast or with tea.
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.6 mg6.2%
Sodium 224.3 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet