Banana Raisin Walnut Muffins
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Instant dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (preferably nonfat)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||18 Tablespoon (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon, whipped, melted|
|Very ripe banana||6 Ounce, peeled, mashed|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), plumped|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line twelve 2 1/2-inch-diameter muffin-pan cups with paper baking cups and set aside.
3. In small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, egg, oil, and butter and stir until blended and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine flour, milk powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg; stir to combine well.
5. Mix the buttermilk egg mixture with the dry ingredients.
6. Add banana, raisins, and walnuts and stir to mix until the mixture becomes lumpy.
7. Fill each baking cup with an equal amount of batter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick, inserted in center, comes out dry.
8. Transfer muffins from pan to wire rack and let cool.
9. Serve the muffins for breakfast of with tea.