Orange Gingerbread Muffins
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Dark molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Take 12 2 1/2-inch muffin cups and grease it with nonstick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, orange peel, baking soda and spices. Mix well and set aside.
3) In another bowl, combine water, eggs, molasses, margarine and melted butter. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Stir to blend without overmixing.
4) Pour the batter into the 12 muffin cups to about 3/4 full.
5) Place the muffin cups in the middle rack of the oven.
6) Bake for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown. When tested with a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin, it should come out clean.
7) Unmould the muffins onto a wire rack and let cool before serving.
8) Serve the Orange Gingerbread Muffins with whipped butter on the side, if desired.