Date Oatmeal Muffins
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beer/Ale||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely cut|
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, stir in rolled oats and cut in shortening.
3. In another bowl beat together eggs and beer.
4. Stir into dry ingredients only until blended and stir in dates.
5. Grease 12 into 21/2-inch muffin pans and spoon the mixture into them.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Serve the muffins as snacks, with beverages or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2061 Calories from Fat 641
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.9%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.7%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 2393.2 mg99.7%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g102.1%
Dietary Fiber 24.4 g97.4%
Sugars 127 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 90.4% Iron 78.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet