Date Oatmeal Muffins
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beer/Ale||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely cut|
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, stir in rolled oats and cut in shortening.
3. In another bowl beat together eggs and beer.
4. Stir into dry ingredients only until blended and stir in dates.
5. Grease 12 into 21/2-inch muffin pans and spoon the mixture into them.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Serve the muffins as snacks, with beverages or as desired.