Orange Cranberry Muffins
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cranberry sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Mix together the butter and sugar until creamy.
3) Add orange rind and eggs and beat well.
4) Sift together the flour with baking powder and salt.
5) Add with orange juice to the creamed mixture.
6) Fill greased muffin tins 1/3 full; add a teaspoon of cranberry sauce to each.
7) Add remaining batter to fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
8) Bake in a 400°F oven for approximately 25 minutes.
9) Serve hot with a drop of cranberry sauce as topping.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136 mg45.3%
Sodium 836.6 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet