Jalapeno Corn Cheddar Muffins
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Yellow corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), packed|
|Jalapenos||2 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Scallions||3 , trimmed and finely chopped|
|Ears of corn||2 , kernels removed|
|Frozen corn kernel||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon, melted (1 Tablespoon Extra For Buttering The Tins)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar well.
3. Add and thoroughly combine the Cheddar, jalapenos, scallions, and corn.
4. In another large bowl, beat the eggs and add the butter and buttermilk.
5. Into the wet ingredients stir the dry ingredients such that the dry ingredients are just moistened.
6. Lightly butter muffin tins, fill them two-thirds full with the batter and bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden.
7. Serve warm with beverages or as a snack.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.9 mg39%
Sodium 906.8 mg37.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet