Gingerbread Bran Muffins
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded bran cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Not To Use Bran Flakes)|
|Cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Topping)|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a medium-bowl, beat egg lightly.
3) With wire whisk, beat buttermilk, oil, 1/4 cup sugar and molasses in egg.
4) Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
5) In a small bowl, combine all other ingredeints and mix with bran shreds.
6) In 12 regula size muffin-cups, place paper baking cups.
7) Divide the muffin mixture equally in the cups.
8) Sprinkle each muffin with total 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
9) bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until becomes spongy and soft.
10) Remove from baking pan.
11) Muffins can be served hot of cold.
TIP: Unbaked muffin mixture can be kept in refrigerator for later use.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2242 Calories from Fat 738
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.9%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 2711.3 mg113%
Total Carbohydrates 345 g114.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.7%
Sugars 133.9 g
Protein 40 g80.9%
Vitamin A 71.4% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 79.5% Iron 263.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet