New England Blueberry Muffins
|Whole wheat pastry flour||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Bran||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Lecithin granules||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Walnuts||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Blueberries||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Buttermilk/Yogurt||175 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Maple syrup||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Sesame tahini||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Lightly grease 12 cup muffin tray
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C )
3. In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients.
4. In a smaller bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat or whisk until well blended.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir quickly just until wetted.
6. Spoon the thick lumpy batter into the muffin cups, filling each 3/4th full (about 2 tablespoons)
7. Bake immediately in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden on top.
8. Remove from oven and invert onto a wire rack to cool.
9. Serve the muffins warm for breakfast or as an evening snack.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 97.2 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.8%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet