Sunny Prune Muffins
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prunes||12 , pitted|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Non instant non fat milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400Â°.
2) Use a measuring cup, to combine water (or liquid milk if used), egg, oil, and honey. Place it aside.
3) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
4) In your work bowl, combine whole wheat flour and prunes. Pulse on/off to coarsely chop prunes.
5) Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, milk powder and sunflower seeds. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Remove the lid to pour in liquid mixture all at once by stopping the machine. Pulse on/off 3-4 times until flour is just moistened.
7) Use greased muffin cups to pour the batter by filling each 2/3 full.
8) Place inside oven to bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9) Transfer the muffins on metal rack.
10) Serve the muffins hot or cold with your choice of topping.