Apricot Yogurt Bran Muffins
|Low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Dried apricot halves||3 Ounce|
|Bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 425Â°.
2) Use a measuring cup, to combine yogurt, egg, oil, honey and molasses. Place it aside.
3) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour and apricot halves. Pulse on/off to coarsely chop apricots.
5) Add bran, baking soda and salt. Pulse on/ off to mix.
6) Remove the lid by stopping the machine.
7) Pour in the liquid mixture all at once. Pulse on/off 3-4 times until flour is just moistened.
8) Use greased muffin cups, to spoon the batter by filling each 2/3 full.
9) Place the muffin cups inside oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Transfer the muffins on metal rack to cool.
11) Serve the muffins hot or cold with your choice of topping.
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.8 mg6.3%
Sodium 147.4 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet