Apple Bran Muffins
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Golden apple||1 Small, unpeeled, cored, quartered|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400Â°.
2) In a measuring cup, add skim milk, egg, oil and honey. Combine well and set aside.
3) In the food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add flour and apple quarters. Pulse on/off to chop apple coarsely.
5) Add bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in the liquid mixture all at once by removing the cover and putting the machine off.
7) Pulse on/off 3-4 times until flour is just moistened.
8) Use greased muffin cups to spoon the batter by filling 2/3 part.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Remove from muffin cups and serve hot or place on metal rack to cool.
11) Serve by adding your choice of topping.
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.8 mg5.9%
Sodium 105.6 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet