1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Use a muffin tin that has room for 18. Oil it or line it with paper cup liners.
3. In a large bowl, empty the spelt flour.
4. All the other dry ingredients like the salt, cinnamon powder and baking powder goes into it next.
5. Mix well.
6. In a small blender bowl, take the flaxseeds and blend with 6 tablespoons of water in a fine paste.
7. Take another medium bowl and mix in the wet ingredients like the canola oil, vanilla, maple syrup and apple sauce.
8. Add the ground flaxseed paste in it and mix it in nicely.
9. Introduce this mixture into the bowl having the dry ingredients and fold it in lightly. Be careful not to overwork it.
10. Finally, the quinoa and the apples go into the mixture and get incorporated lightly.
11. Spoon in the mixture into the cupcake molds.
12. Bake the muffins for 30 mins.
13. Serve with a spread like a nut butter or jam on the side.
Spelt Flour muffins may not rise much but they get completely cooked in the designated time.
Who knew left over quinoa could be made into something so delectable? Well, Vegan Chef Joel uses it in his muffins with apple, spelt flour and pecans. A warm breakfast treat with little effort and which tastes so good. If you are a vegan or someone committed to eating healthy, this recipe is definitely your thing.