Honey Glazed Muffins
|Light margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Softened light margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated (Optional)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bran flakes cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fat free egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) To prepare the glaze, mix the margarine and honey in a cup and add the orange rind. Stir well.
3) Use non-stick spray to coat 12 muffin cups.
4) In the bottom of each cup, put 1 teaspoon of the honey mixture.
5) To make the muffins, whisk together the flour, wheat germ and baking soda in a large bowl.
6) Add the currants and cereal and stir well.
7) In a medium bowl, put the molasses, eggs, honey and oil and whisk well till the mixture is smooth.
8) Add the buttermilk and whisk well.
9) Pour the buttermilk mixture all over the dry ingredients and gently stir till the flour is dampened.
10) Among the prepared muffins cups with the glaze, divide the batter.
11) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
12) Let the muffins cool for about 2 minutes and then loosen then from the cups.
13) Serve as preferred, keeping the glaze side up.