Raspberry Jam Filled Muffin
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liner and keep aside.
3) Add butter to a mixing bowl and turn on the mixer.
4) Keeping the mixer on, add the sugar and egg.
5) In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix together.
6) Add half the flour to the mixing bowl, turn the mixer on and add half the milk.
7) Then add the rest of the flour and the milk and allow to mix till the batter comes together.
8) Remove bowl and give a final stir down with a spatula.
9) Add 1-2 tablespoons of batter in the cups and using the spoon make a well in each.
10)Add a dab of jam to each of the muffin cups and then cover with the remaining batter.
11)Bake for 20 minutes.
12)Remove and test for doneness.
13)Leave in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
14)Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg12.2%
Sodium 140.3 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.3% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet