Peachy Pecan Muffins
|Canned sliced peaches||8 Ounce, drained (Reserving 1/4 Cup Juice, 1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the peaches and reserve ¼ cup of the syrup.
2. Remove 1/4 cup peaches and finely chop. Add to a bowl and keep aside.
3. Line 9 muffin or custard cups (6 oz. each) with paper cups.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine remaining peaches, sugar and butter and mix well
5. Blend in egg and reserved syrup.
6. Add together the flour, pecans, baking powder and salt, stirring quickly only until flour is moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
7. Fold in chopped peaches.
8. Spoon the batter into 6 lined cups, filling them only 2/3 full
9. Arrange the cups in a circle on microwave oven tray.
10. Cook on MEDIUM power for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes until muffins are spongy to touch.
11. Spoon batter and cook remaining 3 muffins.
12. Heat the muffins on MEDIUM for about 3 minutes until golden on top.
13. Let the muffins stand for 5 minutes to cool.
14. Store, covered, until ready to serve.
15. Pile the muffins in a basket and serve warm for breakfast or with tea or coffee.
16. You can frost the muffins if you like to make cupcakes.