Everyday Whole Wheat Muffins
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsifted whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||7 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium size bowl, sift all purpose flour , sugar , and baking powder. Slowly stir in the whole wheat flour. Using your hands, make a well in the centre of all the ingredients.
2. Grease 12 medium sized muffin pan cups with butter and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl ,molasses, beat eggs, milk and melted butter or margarine using a small wired whisk or electric hand-held mixer.
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg, milk and butter/margarine, stirring constantly. Using a small wire whisk. Do not over stir, only until all the liquid is fully incorporated to form a lumpy batter.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the muffin cups and till each cup if only 2/3 full. The muffins will rise beyond the cups when baked.
6. In a hot oven at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit, bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until surface is brown. When dabbed, the muffins should have a springy, and bouncy feel.
7. Serve hot for breakfast in a bread basket
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.4 mg67.5%
Sodium 1872.6 mg78%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.9% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet